AADHAAR Card Documents Requirement

UIDAI accepts several "Proof of Identity", "Proof of Address" and "Proof of Date of Birth" documents for AADHAAR card. Below you will find a nationally valid list of supported AADHAAR card documents. You will need to carry the original AADHAAR card documents to the AADHAAR card center for cross verification. Your original documents will be returned back to you immediately after verification with corresponding xerox copies at the center.

You will need just 1 document for "Proof of Identity", 1 document for "Proof of Address" and 1 document for "Proof of Date of Birth". Please take 1 xerox copy of each of the supporting AADHAAR card documents you are submitting for AADHAAR card and submit it along with the AADHAAR card application form.

Also note that you are not required to carry your photographs, as your picture will be taken right at the AADHAAR card center (the entire process is free of cost).

Small kids may not have any address proof; in that case submit your own address proof document copy for them.

Supported Proof Of Identity Documents Containing Name and Photo

  • Passport
  • PAN Card
  • Ration / PDS Photo Card
  • Voter ID
  • Driving License
  • Government Photo ID Cards / service photo identity card issued by PSU
  • NREGS Job Card
  • Photo ID issued by Recognized Educational Institution
  • Arms License
  • Photo Bank ATM Card
  • Photo Credit Card
  • Pensioner Photo Card
  • Freedom Fighter Photo Card
  • Kissan Photo Passbook
  • CGHS / ECHS Photo Card
  • Address Card having Name and Photo issued by Department of Posts
  • Certificate of Identify having photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead
  • Disability ID Card / handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State / UT Governments / Administrations

Supported Proof of Address Documents Containing Name and Address

  • Passport
  • Bank Statement / Passbook
  • Post Office Account Statement / Passbook
  • Ration Card
  • Voter ID
  • Driving License
  • Government Photo ID cards / service photo identity card issued by PSU
  • Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months)
  • Water bill (not older than 3 months)
  • Telephone Landline Bill (not older than 3 months)
  • Property Tax Receipt (not older than 3 months)
  • Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months)
  • Insurance Policy
  • Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead
  • Signed Letter having Photo issued by registered Company on letterhead
  • Signed Letter having Photo issued by Recognized Educational Instruction on letterhead
  • NREGS Job Card
  • Arms License
  • Pensioner Card
  • Freedom Fighter Card
  • Kissan Passbook
  • CGHS / ECHS Card
  • Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead
  • Certificate of Address issued by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas)
  • Income Tax Assessment Order
  • Vehicle Registration Certificate
  • Registered Sale / Lease / Rent Agreement
  • Address Card having Photo issued by Department of Posts
  • Caste and Domicile Certificate having Photo issued by State Govt.
  • Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State / UT Governments / Administrations
  • Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months)
  • Passport of Spouse
  • Passport of Parents (in case of Minor)

Supported Proof of Relationship Documents containing Relationship details to Head of Family

  • PDS Card
  • MNREGA Job Card
  • CGHS / State Government / ECHS / ESIC Medical card
  • Pension Card
  • Army Canteen Card
  • Passport
  • Birth Certificate issued by Registrar of Birth, Municipal Corporation and other notified local government bodies like Taluk, Tehsil etc.
  • Any other Central / State government issued family entitlement document.

Supported Proof of Date of Birth Documents

  • Birth Certificate
  • SSLC Book / Certificate
  • Passport
  • Certificate of Date of Birth issued by Group A Gazetted Officer on letterhead

Like us on Facebook to get AADHAAR developments

Please Note: It may take upto 48 hours for us to get back to you regarding your queries.
Answers to most of the queries can be found on its relevant information page.
In such cases we will simply move your queries to that relevant page and inform you about the same through email.
If you still have questions after your query was moved to answer page, please feel free to ask specific question(s).

Comments are temporarily closed for system maintainance. Please revisit in about 10 minutes.

Akash sehrawat 20-Apr-2014 03:41:12
I have no id proof at all. How to i apply for aadhaar card i need aadhaar card

Avi Upadhyay 17-Apr-2014 14:15:00
I hv no adress proof for applying adhar card....plz suggest me....

abhay singh 17-Apr-2014 07:31:34
sir i want to now centres in lucknow for this

Naveen Singh Negi 15-Apr-2014 07:42:30
Sir, i want change my address, so what should i do for that ? plze tell me.

Gunasekaran 14-Apr-2014 02:46:25
Sir i need aadhaar card please tell me the address i am staying in Perundurai Tk, Erode Dt, Tamilnadu

Hari singh Rajput 12-Apr-2014 05:39:07
I want to eaadhar card make online

prashant tanawade 11-Apr-2014 10:27:41
prashant tanawade

ankit 11-Apr-2014 05:32:48
my wife don,t have any ID proof but i have aadhaar card . can she apply for her aadhaar card on basis of me as an introducer please guide me

KISHAN SINGH 10-Apr-2014 09:13:10
Sir, I am living in Roorkee, but parmanently from pauri garhwal. sir please help how & where can I apply for my aadhaar card?

Ratan singh 10-Apr-2014 03:31:59
Dear sir I have voter card ration card driving licence on one address after that I am not in the list of aadhaar card now what can I do will you help me My address West Bengal Kolkata nnn SONARPUR nutun pally east para PS+po SONARPUR kol-nnnnnn thanks

gagan chandra aran 09-Apr-2014 03:19:22
Sir mera aadhaar card me mera D.O.B galat he usko thik karke mujhe neya aadhaar card dijia typing me sare mistek he sab galat huaa he mera aadhaar card me

Parina 06-Apr-2014 04:07:33
Hie I have a helper girl working at my place.she came from her village and doesn't have any identity proof.i would like to help her to get an identity card by getting aadhaar card done.how can I apply for her?plz help

ajit kadam 03-Apr-2014 12:49:52
my wife don,t have any ID proof but i have aadhaar card . can she apply for her aadhaar card on basis of me as an introducer please guide me

saravanan 02-Apr-2014 01:22:09
sir.my mother aadhaar card not received enrollment no nnn1/nnn46/nnn16 date&time 14/05/nnn3 13:24:36 please send to my email

saravanan 02-Apr-2014 01:18:25
sir,my mother aadhaar card not received enrollment no nnn1/nnn46/nnn16 date&time 14/05/nnn 13:34:36 please sent my email id

amarinder singh 31-Mar-2014 00:27:22
I am British citizen and want to apply for aadhaar card but I don't have any Indian date of birth certificate so would I still able to apply in India,I do have British passport,birth certificate and DL,would these documents be accepted as proof to apply for it and does Indian and aadhaar card looks same ? Thnks

Ratilal Vankar 28-Mar-2014 05:17:19
online issue the aadhaar card possible ? how possible ?

Anilkumar 27-Mar-2014 23:06:40
Sir i need aadhaar card please tell me the correct address

BISWANATH MAJUMDER 27-Mar-2014 04:08:02

SOHAIL 26-Mar-2014 04:18:13

Venkatesh.P 25-Mar-2014 23:19:58
05/07/nnn2 this date apply aadhaar card but not receive aadhaar card

Sexy Lingerie 22-Mar-2014 21:38:24
Unfortunately, I am the victim in the case. I was being harassed by the CEO of the company for months. I filed a charge, obtained an attorney and an investigation ensued. The investigator hired by the company was, of course, looking out for their best interests. Upon conclusion, I was told that my claim was "unsubstantiated" and my only choice was to return to work in my same position (Assistant to the CEO). I was unable to do this due to the harassment I endured by him. I was forced to resign my position and I filed an EEOC charge. A short time later, the CEO announced his resignation. Now, the company is requesting a mediation with my and my attorney to "settle" the case and keep it out of court. I was just curious if anyone has ever been through this and what to expect. Would I be better off to take my chances with a jury? I know they will try to settle for as little as possible; however, my life has been turned upside down, I live in a small town with little opportunity and finding ano

gokul 22-Mar-2014 02:37:34
aadhar card

anil panda 21-Mar-2014 04:26:55
Dear sir, How to make aadhaar card ......plz tell me

anupama 20-Mar-2014 04:37:46
what is the format for Certificate of Identify having photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead

sandeep 19-Mar-2014 09:43:00

manisha 19-Mar-2014 08:37:19
plz maje mi married honya aadhi aadha card kadhle aahe so me married nanter te name change & Adress change sathi aadhaar card office la correction form bharla aahe tar please ya goshtila 4-5 month zale maje aadha card ghari aale nahi

Bhavika Panchal 19-Mar-2014 03:18:08
Can aadhaar card be issued for 16months old child. What is the minimum age required.

Manish kumar 18-Mar-2014 22:52:02
aadhar card

caron vijay 18-Mar-2014 08:32:13
Greetings!! My name is caron basically from shimoga, i have Driving license, Voter Id card . Bank Pass book, but the address is shimoga address, now am married and staying in Bangalore , Can i give any of my husband's documents,. Kindly revert back on the same. Thanks and Regards, Caron Vijay

PUSHKAR CHAND ARYA 18-Mar-2014 05:48:30
i wnat to create nwe aadhaar card application need to that applying proceture

Priyadharshini V 18-Mar-2014 00:11:28
i want to create new AADHAAR CARD application ,need to that online applying proceture .

Priyadharshini V 17-Mar-2014 23:55:04
I want to apply for aadhaar card

Ruma Ghosh 17-Mar-2014 05:53:32
Please let me know the AADHAAR Card Center near Jagtap Dairy, Pimple Nilakh or Pimple Saudagar or Vishal Nagar Thanks..

shobha 16-Mar-2014 05:07:26
dear sir my aadhaar card not recevied application no nnnnnnnnnnnn53

BHARATI PRAVIN GHODKE 14-Mar-2014 04:01:47
I want a aadhaar Card

G.Jagannath 14-Mar-2014 02:23:09
Please inform how to get aadhaar card to people who is aged 90 plus and who cannot be moved from home for finger prints etc., at aadhaar centre

G.Jagannath 14-Mar-2014 02:18:34
Sir, I am put up at East Anandbagh Malkajgiri Hyderabad-nnnnnn. My mother is aged 92 years and she cannot be moved to aadhaar centre for card. Kindly enlighten me the procedure for obtaining an aadhaar card for my mother Thanks

Avtar Singh 13-Mar-2014 13:05:30
Sir/Madam, I want to update my D.O.B. in my aadhaar card. But, I have no passport, sslc certificate, or birth certificate. Sir/Madam I have matriculation certificate only is it a valid document for update D.O.B.? Sir is pan card or driving license is not valid proof for update D.O.B. ?

kaishar khan 13-Mar-2014 03:27:34
I want to apply for aadhaar card


ajay kumar bhagat 11-Mar-2014 09:26:06
voter intity card . pen card

ganesh kumar agrawal 11-Mar-2014 07:58:57
what is SSLC book/certificate? can i use 10th class marksheet of rajasthan board as a proof for birth date. Thanks

Syed Asghar Hussain Naqvi 08-Mar-2014 11:25:29
how can i make my aadhaar car, i am from Allahabad

Jitendra Khatri 08-Mar-2014 07:18:49
How the error can be corrected by card, available information about it conducted.

MINHAJ ALAM 08-Mar-2014 05:57:00
sir. purnea zila ke . parkhand k. nagar .ke jagni panchayat ke ward aadhaar card. 13 ka AADHAAR CARD kab banega. please inform

MD NOORUL HAQUE 08-Mar-2014 05:50:32
i want to creat new AADHAAR CARD

Sunilkumar M 08-Mar-2014 04:25:41
Dear AADHAAR professionals, please help me how to enroll aadhaar card, Iam in mysore city Karnataka state. I want to aadhaar card the place of AADHAAR centers in mysore city. am awaiting your early reply, thank you...

shailesh kumar dubey 08-Mar-2014 03:36:19

Rajendra Prasad Maurya 08-Mar-2014 00:53:37
sir hamare yaha kab aadhaar card banega allahabad up
  Next >

Get AADHAAR updates on facebook

Like us on Facebook to get AADHAAR developments

Don't show again

Like us on Facebook to get AADHAAR updates